Well, we just returned from a wonderful and much needed vacation to Greers Ferry Lake. It was a lot of fun!!! I am trying to record a few of the many Maggie memories from the trip because she was quite the entertainment to say the least.... Lets see... First of all she is very scared of the water so she really wouldn't get in but she enjoyed playing in the sand.
- She called our cabin, "the kevin".
- Refers to skiing as "skeeting" - a funny here. I skied one day and she was watching from the shore. I of course busted trying to cross over the wake at a high speed and my parents told me that Maggie was coaching Baker from the shore. She was yelling, "Daddy, go help mama....I said GO HELP MAMA RIGHT NOW". I guess she was worried that he was going to leave me in the middle of the lake....
- Of course we had an injury because Maggie does not pay much attention to where she is going... She stepped off one of the front steps and fell and busted her lip as you will see in most of the pictures....
- Oh yeah.... we had our first bathroom stop on the side of the road on this vacation.... I think she enjoys going in the grass
- She made friends with some twins on the "beach" and a little boy at a friend of ours cabin
- saw hummingbirds and deer
- went fishing and LOVED boat rides
- one night Baker and I went for an evening boat ride and Maggie was at the cabin with my parents and grandmother.... well she got very tired but was forcing herself to stay up until we got back. My mom told her that she would read her a story and tuck her in. Maggie didn't like this idea, she stormed off to her room and told them in a very stern voice, "don't come". She was insistent that I was going to read her story and tuck her in when I got back. Anyway she was fast asleep in her bed by the time we got home. This is the first time she has EVER put herself to sleep. I will add here... She is a VERY STRONG WILLED CHILD!! Hoping that as she ages some of it will simmer down a bit!
- there was a beach there that had an overabundance of goose poop on it. Maggie named it the "poopy beach". We found another beach after 2 days on the poopy beach. It was much better...
Overall many great memories were made. I can't remember everything right now but once again it was a GREAT vacation. I recommend a trip Greers Ferry for anyone looking for a summer get-a-way!!!
ENJOY THE PHOTOS...
The NON-"poopy" beach




2 comments:
Love the "Maggie" memories!
I am cracking up reading this!! I can just hear Maggie yelling at Baker to go help you when you fell skiing. That is hysterical! It looks like you guys had a great time!
Thank you so much for my birthday present! I love, love, love it!! :)
Love,
Caroline
Post a Comment