5.31.2011

Role Reversal

Last night Maggie did one of the sweetest things she has ever done for me.  I was feeling really bad after work yesterday.  The pregnancy nausea had set back in, i was dog tired after work, and i was running a slight temperature.  I laid down after work and fell asleep which is not normal for me.  I never really nap at all.  Anyways,  Maggie got home a little after 8 from her grandparents house, and I told her i wasn't feeling well.  I went and laid down in my bed.  She came back there and said "would you like some water?".  I said "sure".  She went to the kitchen and got me a glass of water and brought it back to me.  Then she turned off my light, and she said "good night, i love you, i hope you feel better and call me if you need me".  She then shut the door and went to the den and watched her tinkerbell movie until she fell asleep.  I got up a little later and moved her to her room.  I was just overwhelmed at how sweet she was to me when i wasn't feeling well.  It was like she turned into the mama and i became the child.  I just had to blog about this so that i would remember it in the years to come.

2 comments:

Laura Dawson said...

what a sweet story and memory! Hope you are feeling better...

Christi said...

She's getting ready to fill those big sis shoes :).