6.10.2011

John Baker's Birth Story

Last Friday, June 3, 2011, Maggie and I packed up and headed to my OB appt in Memphis to check on John Baker's status. That is where things took a crazy turn. Come to find out I was having contractions (unknowingly.... aka I didn't feel them) 2 minutes apart! My doctor informed me at about 11:30 that we would be meeting John Baker that day at around 2:30. I was a little shocked but tried to remain calm. Here I was in Memphis alone with Maggie and was being sent to the hospital to have John Baker. I called Baker (who had just gotten out of his National Registry exam for ENT-IV status with his new job as a fireman) and informed him that we would be delivering John Baker in approx 2 hours. His reaction was "Are you kidding?" I assured him that i wasn't kidding, so he got on the phone trying to locate someone to come get Maggie. I called my parents and let them know. They packed up and headed this way. By about 3:45 that day we were in recovery and our son had been born. It was crazy and chaotic, but I know God was there in this plan because as crazy and chaotic as it was things fell smoothly into place! Now 1 week later we are over the shock of our surprise early delivery and enjoying getting to know our little man and getting back into the "newborn" routine of life. All is well!!!!

Pictures from John Baker's arrival:

Maggie and Baker as we awaited someone to come pick up Maggie.  I was being prepped for my C-section!

Maggie wondering what in the world is going on???

John Baker McCool shortly after his arrival.  The only camera that we had was my i phone.  Thank goodness for technology or we would have zero pictures of our little man's birth!

John Baker's weight 7 pounds 8 ounces

The proud big sis!  She really loves her little brother and has adapted to his arrival quite well.  She has taken on her role as big sis and has been quite the little helper!  She asked me if we could keep him "100 days".  I believe that is her way of asking if he is staying forever.








1 comment:

Brandi said...

Congrats! What a fun story. :)
Maggie's face is so precious in some of those pic's