8.29.2011

The "No Sign"


Lately Maggie has really been obsessed with the "no sign" or as she calls it the "circle with a line". It all started when she saw a sign that said "no guns" in picture format at a restaurant.
Well, this story begins a few weeks ago when I was back in my room lying down, and Maggie proceeds to open the door for the mailman who was delivering packages. That was really ok because I know the mailman will not harm her, but I knew I had to teach her that we don't just open the door for anyone. So I begin making a rule that if I am not in the den then we do not open the door for anyone. She is to come and get me first. It is funny when I review this rule with her she always says, "but if it is Caroline (her aunt) then I can let her in". I say well yes that is fine, but otherwise come get me. So yesterday, we actually had some strangers come to our door. I am not sure what they were doing but they seemed a little suspicious to me so I decided we would not go to the door. Maggie then said, "well I am going to make a sign for them that has a circle and and a line and two people walking". It was really funny and here is a picture of her drawing:

No comments: