9.24.2011

My new Addiction.....Running

Never thought I would say this, but I am slightly addicted to running.... I started couch to 5k after John Baker was born in an effort to shed those pregnancy lbs and well that was the beginning of my new found love for running.  I have since run 2 5k's and 1 4-miler.  The race atmosphere is so awesome, and although I am not competitive with others in the races, I am competitive with myself.

My first 5 k was the Breakaway Bardog 5k in downtown Memphis.  My sister joined me for that one and we both came in with a 29:57 time.  I really surprised myself because in all my training I had never run 3.1 in less than 30 minutes!  I was very excited to achieve my goal.

 

Next I ran the Chick-fil-a 5k again in downtown Memphis!  This race had a great finish....on the Redbirds field in Autozone park.  Time for this one was improved by 3 seconds (29:54) Some great friends joined me in that race and we all had a great time!



Lastly to date I ran the Cooper Young 4 miler last Friday night (Sept 16).  By far the most fun race so far!!!!  People were lined up along the route cheering the runners on as they "partied" in their yards!!! My time for this race was 39:08 which I was happy with.


Today I will be participating in the Covington Rotary 5k here in town.  My goal is to beat my previous time!




1 comment:

Laura Dawson said...

Way to go Allison...proud for you and glad you and Baker can enjoy the sport together:)